2011/07/25

My visit to Dharamsala last week

Mr. Yadav (Program Coordinator) from FTF-I had to visit Dharamsala to do an audit for a new fair trade member. And he wanted to meet with the groups especially the paper unit as he wishes to know more about them and their products in order to link them with another fair trade organization i.e. Literacy India based in Gurgaon (Haryana State).
Tsering Phuntsok, the Manager, showed us around - explaining all about the paper making process, artisans, products and the business opportunities and threats. 
FTF-I pro-sustain project helps with business planning of its members. We discussed on availing the service after consulting with each producer organization. If they are interested in reviewing and analyzing their business, we will approach FTF-I. 
From next year, we do not know where the funds for fair trade project will come from. So, I have asked FTF-I if they can help us with availing Govt. funds.Because we are based in the northern part of India, FTF-I can forward the application on our behalf. 
Everything went well and I hope the network with other fair trade organization will improve and strengthen in the future....fetch many more orders.

Tsering Youdon
Fair Trade Coordinator








No comments:

Post a Comment