2010/06/29

Welcome to IM fair trade Asia's new blog!



Hi All! I am Tsering Youdon working as a fair trade coordinator for an NGO based in Rajpur, India. It's Swedish Organization for Individual Relief-Individuell Manniskohjalp. Visit www.manniskohjalp.se for more information on different areas of IM's development work.
It's been only few years that I have been working in the fair trade field. Till now I have been writing reports on paper and keep a stack of them. But for sometime the idea of creating a website to share information to other people cropped up, which I felt was more convenient. However, after discussing with my colleagues and friends, we decided to create a blog which is more easier and fun to work on. Though time consuming and confusion with poor internet server in the office.
Anyways, we succeeded in having one at last!
In days and months to come, I will be writing about my plans and activities here with the main aim to share about our Organization's contribution in the field of fair trade, our challenges, achievements, strengths, weaknesses.
At the moment, I will be working with Lilian who's here for only 4 months. I will be on my own after that.....discussing our project activities, planning ...the list goes on.............



My name is Lilian Sahlin and I work as a volunteer/trainee from Sweden for IM-SOIR with focus on fair trade. I will be working with Tsering Youdon for 4 months from middle of june to middle of october and after that have some lectures in Sweden about my experiences. I will also contribute with material for this blog, the aim is mainly to provide knowledge about IM-SOIR:s partner groups and fair trade. Of course everyone are welcome with comments and questions!

I also have my own private blog on swedish with a mix of private and workrelated posts: http://www.fairtradevolontar.blogspot.com/

So enough of introduction, hope you will find it interesting to follow our work!

No comments:

Post a Comment